Released in Fall 2020, Field Notes 48th seasonal limited edition, United States of Letterpress, celebrates the craftsmanship, ingenuity, and love of the letterpress industry. This series features the work of nine independent letterpress shops across America with covers divided between three different packs.
- One cover by Full-Circle Press of Nevada City, CA
- One of two covers by Genghis Kern of Denver, CO
- One of two covers by Mam's Sauce of Orlando, FL
- One of two covers by Springtide Press of Tacoma, WA
- One of two covers by Brad Vetter of Louisville, KY
- One of two covers by Ben Blout of Evanston, IL
- One of two covers by Rick Griffith of Denver, CO
- One of two covers by Erin Beckloff of Springboro, OH
- One cover by Starshaped Press of Chicago, IL
Each memobook includes a flyleaf printed by Skylab Letterpress of Kansas City, MO, which includes a reproduction border from the Bay Psalms Book from 1640, thought to be the very first book printed in the American colonies.
This three pack of memobooks measures the usual 3.5" x 5.5" and is completed with 3/8" rounded corners. Each notebook contains 48-pages of 60#T Finch Fine Ultra Smooth "soft white" paper with a square-graph ruling, all bound together with three staples. The unique covers are made of various colors of French Pop-Tone 100#C stock.
Just like all other Field Notes limited editions, once it's sold out, it's gone for good!